On 03/15/2013 10:08 AM, Lars Marowsky-Bree wrote:

> You're contradicting yourself ;-) Pacemaker in fact gives you the
> management you suggest for the "cloud" use case - whether the services
> are handled natively or encapsulated into a VM.

Yeah, I suppose. I meant going Open/CloudStack.
(We get to write buzzword-compliant funding proposals, or I don't get to
eat. So my perspective is skewed towards the hottest shiny du jour...)

> And the concept of HA clusters predates "the cloud" slightly.

Relevant if you're looking at maintenance/upgrade on an existing
cluster. Patching heartbeat to manage 200 services independently sounds
like a new project.

--
Dimitri Maziuk
Programmer/sysadmin