Hi!

I had reported about terrible performance of cLVM (maybe related to using OCFS
also) when uses in SLES11 SP2. I guesses cLVM (or OCFS2) is "communicating to
death" on activity. Now I have some interesing news:

on top of cLVM/OCFS I have image files for Xen VMs. I set up an OpenLDAP server
in one of the VMs. Now about everytime the LDAP server gets an update (meaning
id does some flushed disk writes), corosync reports a faulty ring. It's like:
 # grep FAULTY /var/log/messages |wc -l
1546

However the "FAULT" never lasts longer than one second.

OTOH our network guy says it's impossible to use the full network bandwidth.
This makes me wonder: Is there a protocol implementation bug in TOTEM that is
triggered when lots of packets arrive or when packets are delayed slightly, or
is there a kernel bug that looses packets?

The overall effects are very much displeasing (before you recommand using LVM
on top of a dual-master DRBD: We experienced similar effects breaking DRBD sync
and causing lots of fencing)

Is there any perspective to see the light at the end of the tunnel? The
problems should be easily reproducable.

Regards,
Ulrich