>>> Wengatz Herbert <herbert.weng...@baaderbank.de> schrieb am 12.07.2013 um
11:19
in Nachricht <e0a8d3556d452c42977202b2d60934660431fae...@msx2.baag>:
> Hmmm.
>
> Please correct me, if I'm wrong:
> As I understand it, you have a number of packets, that go to BOTH NICs.
> Depending, on which one is the active or the passive one, the sum of all
> dropped packets should be equal to the number of received packets (plusminus

> some drops for other reasons). So if one card drops 10% of the packets, the

> other should drop 90% of the packets. - This is not the case here.

I haven't added all the numbers, but it's also quite confusing that the
"dropped" packets are pushed up to the bonding master: If "dropped packets" is
part of the bonding implementation, the number of dropped packets should be
hidden at the bonding level. If you have a bonding device with four slaves in
active/passive (being paranoid), you should see three times as much dropped
packets than received packets, right?

(I adjusted the subject for this discussion)

> Regards,
> Herbert

TOTEM