According to Jorge Matias: While burning my CPU.

>   Hi guys!
>   I have an YAM modem at 9k6 and at the other side it has a USCC 9k6
> modem.
>   At the time of the tests the channel was completely free.
>   To measure the performance of the link I tried an FTP connection to the
> other side. I could get xfers of 460bytes/sec transfering files with
> 40-50k of size.
>   Is this xfer rate below average or is it normal?

On a point to point link we get +/- 700b/s average.
Once when we did some testing we got it up to 800b/s but there was absolutly
no other traffic in between.

Both sides use PA0HZP SCC cards with Z85230 chips, MTU = 512 window is 4
packets, the modems are both G3RUH compatable modems from dds electronics.

We have our params, all set to a minimum, the trx's are Xtal home made 23cm
interlink I. I cant remember the callsign of the designer of the Interlink
TRX's, its a German callsign that i can remember.

--
Regards Richard.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]