On Thu, Jul 08, 1999 at 01:20:09PM +0000, Jose Angel Amador Fundora wrote:
> On  7 Jul 99 at 14:24, K. David Prince wrote:
>
> > See below....
> >
> > On Wed, 7 Jul 1999 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >

> > > qsl.net, however that seems to be broken as well. It only allows ftp via
> > > http, and for some reason it prints everything to the screen instead of
> > > opening a dialogue box for downloading to disk as it should. My browsers are
> >
> > When this happens, I "right click" the url and do a "save link as..." at
> > which point, the file transfer menu comes up and does the transfer.  -kdp
>
> I have not tried THIS url, but a few url's insist on painting
> funny characters on my Lynx screen, instead of allowing to save
> the file. Any suggestions to force saving on Lynx, or is it a source
> problem?
>
> I end using wget on those stubborn url's, but maybe I could learn
> something new about Lynx, the browser I use.

If you type "d" instead of enter after highlighting a URL, it will be
downloaded as a file.  This takes care of the ones which lynx cannot
recognize.

Unfortunately with many sites it is hard to tell if the link is actually
to the file itself or another page, so I've ended up downloading html
source a few times.

Bob

--
Bob Nielsen                 Internet: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Tucson, AZ                  AMPRnet:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]