[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Matthias Welwarsky) writes:

>Gerhard Ahuis wrote:

>> As I have asked before on this list. Are there patches available for the
>> 2.0.X kernels ? So we can benefit from a stable kernel and improved ax25
>> code. Most HAM stations are on places that are not easy to reach. We need a
>> stable config there..

>I'm afraid, not. The reason is that I'm neither willing nor have the time to
>maintain a third tree. I can provide patches for the 2.2 series, which should be
>stable enough.

Great, will there be a central site (cvs ??) where we can download and test
these ??
I agree with your opinion, maintaining old code is not a nice job.

>BTW, I'd never put a PC into places that are not easy to reach.
>Murphy never sleeps.

With high frequencies you must be on high places. Unfortunately high places
are most times not easy to reach. About Murphy, Linux 2.0.35 stands him
very well here :)  The local system here was only one time unreachable,
a power failure was the cause :(. We prefer to buy antennas and
transmitters instead of an UPS.. :)

73,

Gerhard.
--
Gerhard Ahuis          JO32EO               It's good to be independent
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]       145,550 MHz              Linux the Ultimate HAM OS

Unsolicited advertisements subject to $1000 consulting fee.