"Charles E. Gelm" wrote:

> ax25-utils-2.1.42a.tar.gz          AX.25 utilities for Linux 2.1.42 and up
>                                    - Compiles without modification on libc5
>                                    only.
>
> Is linux kernel 2.2.6 'up' from linux 2.1.42 ?
> Is Slackware-4.0 libc5 ?
> Are there any AX.25 utilities for 'production' kernels ?
>
> Regards, Chuck
>
> --
> Researching GELM

Most of your questions have been answered already.
I can only add the the following;

The ax25-utils version 2.1.42a do not compile while running a 2.2
kernel. But axutils binaries compiled on a system runing a 2.0 or 2.1
kernel, run just fine on a system running a new 2.2 kernel.

If you are looking for precompiled Slackware packages look in
ftp://sharon.esrac.ele.tue.nl/pub/linux/slakware/
or
http://www.iae.nl/users/paularno/linux/

There you can find 3 packages for Slackware.
ax25util.tgz
z8530drv.tgz
xforms.tgz

You can install these with pkginstall.

The ax25util package contains version 2.1.42a.
As with the original source installation you still need to change the
configuration files in /etc/ax25/ and add kissattach and whatever in
rc.local or rc.something.

The z8530drv package contains both version 2.4c and 3.0. With a small
script which automagically determines what version to call, depending on
the kernel version you are running.

The packages were compiled on a system running kernel 2.0.35.
I have used them on various machines running kernel 2.0.x and 2.2.x

73, Arno  pe1icq