On 04-Feb-2000 Robin Gilks wrote:
> I've had a look and this appears to do exactly what I *don't* want to do -
> ie.
> restrict the destination interface based on the source interface (unless
> I'm
> missing something here).

I thought that what you essentially wanted was for a packet to go out on the
same interface as it came in on. My understanding is that some combination of
these flags gives you that.

The early 2.0.xx kernels had a patch that did that after MJS had two internet
feeds and a default route on one of them. He wanted stuff destined for a
certain subnet to go out on the appropriate interface and the rest to go out
on the other (default) interface. ACKS were to go out on the interface they
came in on.

Dirk G1TLH
--
Dirk-Jan Koopman, Tobit Computer Co Ltd
At the source of every error which is blamed on the computer you will find