Hello people,
All going well, I hope to install linux (redhat 6.1) onto my good
computer. I've been playing with linux on a p100 with 16 meg of
ram and it's been a real struggle to get all the ax25 stuff and
everything else I want running without it (almost) grinding to a halt.

I want to put linux on my good computer (450MHz CPU, 64 meg
of ram and 20GB hard drive). For the time being I want to duel
boot windows and linux (which hasn't been a problem in the past
on the old computer). The size of the hard drive is my current
problem.
I would like to split it roughly 50/50 plus swap partition
and mount /boot on an old 120 meg hard drive.

It will look something like -
hda1 windows
hda2 (or 5) linux /
hda3 (or 6) linux swap partition
hdb1 linux /boot

I been reading up and I think this will work, but before I try it
could someone who knows a lot more about this tell me if it
will work OK.

The alternative is to make the windows partition a lot smaller
which I don't want to do (yet). One day I hope to have my BBS
running on a linux box and what I want to do now is learn more
about linux and still have access to important windows programs
like my favourite games (linux will cover just about everything
else I want to do). Long term, the linux partitions will be done
differently.

Q1/ Am I on the right track with the partitions?

Q2/ Are there known problems with the ax25 stuff with RH 6.2?
       It's on a cover CD of a local mag that I'm about to buy.

I know there are mailing lists and/or newsgroups better suited
to most of this message, but I know you guys better :-)

ps: I put windows 98 back on the p100 last night and it bought up its
pretty blue screen 3 times and locked up once during the install :-)
--
Shane Deering
http://www.qsl.net/vk3bvp/index.htm