At 08:36 02/06/2000 -0400, Chuck Gelm wrote:
>I'm getting a blank screen at
>http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com

I think (based on my experience) that page didnot respond to browser other
than Microsoft Internet Explorer since there is a script to identify
installed MS Windows on your computer and what component that not already
patched. You can still use Netscape, but it seems there is a problem with
the script.
My suggestion, use MS Internet Explorer to go that page and wait until
script finished check your computer. It takes 1-2 minutes (or even less
than if you have a good internet connection, not like me, a third world
internet connection ;-) ). But sometimes those page have a high load / hit.

with best wishes,
Wahyu Kelik C
Head of Computer Laboratory
Center for Japanese Studies - University of Indonesia