Or Sagi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Ok, here goes. the MAPS project is an attempt to reduce the amount of
> spam. As to why you encountered this error --- Dial-up users aren't
> ``supposed'' to send email _directly_ from their (dynamic)
>  connection.

What do you mean? I do it all the time.

> There are several other reasons to that, mainly is the fact that you don't
> want replies to go to dialup-XXX.CITY.netvision.net.il ..

So set you Reply-To header properly.

dorit ben shalom <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes

> > I know I can in principle ask my ISP (netvision) about this,
> > but when was the last time you tried to explain to their
> > tech support that you are a stand-alone linux user
> > on a subnotebook who can only use command lines?

I have not contacted Netvision for a while, but each time I did it in
the past I made sure to mention to whoever took the call that I had
Linux and specifically asked to be connected to a tech rep who knew
what it was. They obliged. So it is not all that hopeless.

I don't know what causes this problem, but maybe you could check the
headers of the bounced messages to verify at least that your mail got
to Netvision and (assuming it did) then ask them to find out what
happened after that.  Point out to them that your mailer (sendmail or
whatever) did its job properly (passed the buck to them), and they
should be able to determine how it got to MAPS?

--
Oleg Goldshmidt          [EMAIL PROTECTED]
BLOOMBERG L.P. (BFM)     [EMAIL PROTECTED]