On 4 Dec 1999, Andre E. Bar'yudin wrote:

>     Ira> oops... maybe I'm on the wrong list... am I on the linux USERS group or
>     Ira> the Linux ZEALOTS group?
>
> Your intentions are totally lost for me here: was it a joke or an
> insult?  I didn't talk about *MY* opinion or position, but about
> opinions and positions of some people I (personally) know.

heaven forbid, I was cynicly expressing my sadness that your HUJI
friends don't understand what this list is about. like I said, if they
think you have to be a zealot to join, we should correct them, and if
they think they are happy enough with the way they use Linux today, then
maybe indeed this list will not interest them, fine by me.

>     Ira> and I think you will agree we have a lot of interested
>     Ira> audience for both types of lectures, and we probably have the
>     Ira> knowledgable people that will be able to enlighten us on the
>     Ira> subjects. I dare you not to come :-)
>
> Only if this will take place in Jerusalem... sigh.

then help organize things in HUJI, or maybe a school in the downtown
area?

Here in Herzlia/TelAviv I proved that with a little Chutzpa and
persistance I could arrange a (lecture|maddog) Hall in two days, and I
was pleased people came, even though it was a 1-2 day notice. Next time
I hope more will come and we WILL be more prepared!

--
Ira Abramov ;  whois:IA58  ;  www.scso.com ;  all around Linux enthusiast