> Now, how my Linux manages to go into 2MB swap, with 160MB
> physical RAM,
> 70MB of them in buffers is still a mystery to me ... yet another
> optimization consideration? :)

But ofcourse.

Suppose you open an app that is very heavy on memory usage.
Sure enough - almost everything is thrown into the swap - to make space for
Mozilla/JBuilder
Then you close it.
Memory is free again - but the kernel only reads from swap to memory on
need.
So not many pages from swap are called, and the kernel is using the free
space for cache/buffers.