You Wrote:

>Last thing: There is an Axiom that RH is better for servers while
>Mandrake is better for clients. But from my humble opinion, I see
>the opposite, at least with the latest versions (MD7.1 vs. RH6.2):
>Mandrake supports features which are important for servers (e.g.
>ReiserFS, Paranoid security, etc.), while RH looks better for
>clients (e.g. easier installation, office apps, etc.). Am I wrong?
>
>Please don't start religious wars;

I am not looking for religious wars either. But, imho, RH security is
better than Mandrake's. Their latest installation (6.2) doesn't
install so much stuff as the previous versions, and most importantly
they issue security patches much faster than Mandrake. Kurt Seifried
from SecurityPortal.com wrote

<qoute>

"Mandrake also wins (hands down) the "easiest distribution to break
into remotely" and "easiest distribution to break into locally",
having finally released 8 fixes for very severe security bugs in 7.1
(their latest, not so greatest distribution). They still haven't got a
central site for updates either, good luck finding them.

</qoute>

The qoute can be found here:
http://www.securityportal.com/topnews/weekly/linux20000626.html

Regarding the "Paranoid Security" you mentioned, it can be reached
on RH as well with products such as Bastille, that was designed to run
on virgin installation (http://www.bastille-linux.org/) in the first
place. Just my $0.02, so don't shoot if you disagree :)

Yosi