On Wed, May 09, 2001 at 12:37:08PM +0300, Nadav Har'El wrote:
> > Do we really want to break consistency with the *NIX world for consistency
> > with Windows? Doesn't that make you feel the least bit awkward? Don't we
> > ever want to pose a viable, independent alternative?

Compatibility with the *NIX world = have no Hebrew support at all :)

Ctrl-Shift looks like a reasonable key binding for me, along with
Alt-Shift for switching. They are closely located, and most users which
used multilingual environment are used to them. (Okay, Apple uses
Alt-Space, but what do they use for directionality changing?)

Using Scroll-Lock or Caps-Lock is interesting from the practical point
of view, but from the human interfaces design point of view, it
obfuscates the meaning of keys whose meaning is originally clear,
and forces users to lelearn a set of keys when moving from desktop
(Linux) to desktop (Windows).

No free desktop (KDE, GNOME) has any use for Ctrl-Shift. What does?

--
Best regards,
Ilya Konstantinov