Hi folks!

1. I reorganised my system, splitting it into multiple mount points for logistic
reasons. I tried using Partiton Magic, as I usually do, but on a 30Gb drive it
bombed out, so there was nothing for it, but to build a new minimal system,
install bru (my backup choice) and restore everything with overwrite i.e. what
came out at the other end was (after fiddling fstab and lilo.conf), a perfect
working system - same as before EXCEPT ... the time (IST, local time (not GMT))
insists on being two hours ahead of the CMOS clock. I can only correct it per
boot by manually using date MMDDhhmm etc. Any ideas what might be causing this &
how to fix? (Env = {SuSE 7.1, kernel 2.4.9, ...}) (I tried a few other nonesense
settings and always get the same thing. Win 2000 works OK).

2. One of the "junk" systems I put together, has a P166 + 32Mb and a "dafuk" IDE
primary slot (The machine originally had Win 95 on a 2Gb drive which booted OK
from the the second IDE slot.) With Linux, I can only boot off a floppy, since
lilo won't allow an IDE hard disk boot from anthing other than
/dev/hda<something>. Upon examining the lilo.conf man page I found all sorts of
interesting tricks for remapping the IDE drive ID's: e.g.
disk=/dev/hdc bios=0x80
or
map-drive=0x82 to=0x80

My root device is /dev/hdc5, and I boot from on /dev/fd0. I would like to use
the above disk= ... mapping. I modified lilo.conf to root, /dev/hda5, boot from
/dev/hda2 and put the boot sector on /dev/hda MBR. I also modified fstab to
reflect the new arrangement. Of coure lilo failed, because the new arrangements
are meaningless until I reboot, which I cannot do! What to do?

Thanks to the people who supplied the "junk". I'm still looking for Pentium
stuff, MB with slot 7 or better.

Regards,

Dan Feiglin