On Tuesday 14 May 2002 20:09, Sagi Bashari wrote:
> From: "Yotam Rubin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > Producing the RPM is a trivial task, simply use alien. I am willing to
> > do it myself on iglu.org.il, but it's only a couple of commands. If
>
> someone
>
> > wants to create an SRPM, that would be ideal; I do not intend to create
>
> one.
>
> > Regards, Yotam Rubin
>
> I just tried to do that on RedHat 7.3, but I got MD5 errors rpm when
> installing the file.
>
> Can you please post md5 checksum for the .deb's?
>
> Sagi

OK, I redownloaded the file and converted it to RPM again and it worked this
time; I had to download some packages from rawhide (updated libgcc, libstd++)
but it seems to work now.

There seem to be a problem with my locale though, When I try to start it I get
this error message:
[sagi@beep sagi]$ OpenOffice.org1.0/soffice
I18N: X Window System doesn't support locale
"LC_CTYPE=en_US.utf8;LC_NUMERIC=en_US;LC_TIME=en_US;LC_COLLATE=en_US;LC_MONETARY=en_US;LC_MESSAGES=en_US;LC_PAPER=en_US;LC_NAME=en_US;LC_ADDRESS=en_US;LC_TELEPHONE=en_US;LC_MEASUREMENT=en_US;LC_IDENTIFICATION=en_US"
Aborted
[sagi@beep sagi]$

I could override it with LC_CTYPE=en_US, but then I cannot read hebrew
filenames, and I if I don't have LC_CTYPE=en_US global (set it before I start
X) the fonts are not anti-aliased too (not really sure whats the
connection..)

So, anyone knows how to make it accept .utf8 encoding?

Sagi