> On Sun, May 19, 2002 at 06:02:00PM +0300, Itai Arad wrote:
> > The mdsum is
> > e96459338707838194fa5d3481cf6d24
bidi-openoffice.org_1.0.0-4_i386.deb

> > I downloaded it twice, and at each time I got the the same MDsum
(and
> > the same error message from alien)
>
> Alright, what does:
> "ar -p $PACKAGE control.tar.gz | gzip -dc | tar -xt ./control" yield?
> Obviously, $PACKAGE is expanded with the package name. Hopefully, tar
> should output the string "./control". Alternatively, RPM's could be
placed
> at http://iglu.org.il/pub/Hebrew/OpenOffice, this should save people
some
> time and hassle.
>
>       Regards, Yotam Rubin

Well I get the control file. So? Maybe there's something wrong in LM8.2
?

People say it is trivial to convert deb==>rpm. So why can't anyone who
done that upload the rpm to iglu.org.il ? it would be so much easier
than fighting against LM8.2 & alien ...

Itai.

The control file I got: