On Sun, 19 May 2002, "Nadav Har'El" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> So basically, what you want us to do is to tell newbies "Well, Linux IS
> easy to learn! But first, you'll need to learn a new alphabet first!!".

No, you misunderstood. My rant went well beyond Linux -- Hebrew on
Linux is just a symptom of a larger problem. We should fix this problem.
as a culture.

> If there is anything stupid or silly here, it's not the alphabet - it's your
> opinion. It might be a great idea to change our alphabet, it's direction of
> writing, our language and maybe even our religion to fit better with "the
> ways of the world"

Where the fuck did you see me mentioning anything about "the rest of the
world?" I gave arguments why the Hebrew alphabet is intrinsically
stupid.

> Linux hackers are in any
> position to do or even to suggest.

Lucky, "Linux hacker" describes me partially. "A memeber of the Israeli
culture" is also a facet of me. As, I think, of you. We can change the
culture, or at least the bits which are iditotic.

> Linux hackers have to operate within the
> world that already exists

Reasonable people change to fit the world.
You know the rest of the saying...

> Political activists are the ones that should be trying to change that world.

Many hackers are political activists. "Join us now and share the software",
anyone?