On Sun, May 19, 2002, Moshe Zadka wrote about "Re: official hebrew in Linux-IL mailing
lists?":
> On Sun, 19 May 2002, Uri Bruck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > The Hebrew alphabet also remained pretty much constant for the last 2K
> > years, and is flexible enough to serve well three languages
>
> No, it remained dead and nobody used it in day to day. Because it
> is a stupid alphabet, optimized for carving on stone.
> it loses gobs of information (vowels). The alphabet is silly. Unless

So basically, what you want us to do is to tell newbies "Well, Linux IS
easy to learn! But first, you'll need to learn a new alphabet first!!".
Yeah, right, like that would happen...

If there is anything stupid or silly here, it's not the alphabet - it's your
opinion. It might be a great idea to change our alphabet, it's direction of
writing, our language and maybe even our religion to fit better with "the
ways of the world", but it's not something that Linux hackers are in any
position to do or even to suggest. Linux hackers have to operate within the
world that already exists, just like Microsoft's programmers do.
Political activists are the ones that should be trying to change that world.

--
Nadav Har'El                        |        Sunday, May 19 2002, 9 Sivan 5762
Phone: +972-53-245868, ICQ 13349191 |How to become immortal: Read this