On Tue, 2002-09-10 at 12:11, Aviram Jenik wrote:
> I totally disagree. The law is bad - it is badly phrased and makes no
> practical sense. By some sheer luck, it is implemented correctly and
> logically by the people who are currently responsible. But that's a
> mutation - a freak of nature. Don't count on it to survive the
> governmental evolution process!

To prove this point -

A B =
0 0 0
0 1 1
1 0 1
1 1 0

The above function, defined by it's truth table and commonly refered to
as XOR, is all that is needed to implementat the strongest encryption
system known to men and if used with a *proper key*, is provably
unbreakable. I hereby declare that I *did not* ask nor was granted a
license from the goverment to distribute encryption software of any
kind. This means I have just commited a serious offence and that if
anyone in the goverment, police etc has anything against me (for example
because I have uncovered some wrong doing they wish to silence) he or
she can easily prove I commited a crime and use this to break my
credability or worse.

In a country where a women which a court of law decided that the then
minister of defence has commited crimes against, suddenly comes forward
and decalres 'by her own free will', that she made the whole thing up,
need I say anything else?

Gilad.

--
Gilad Ben-Yossef <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://benyossef.com

 "We don't need kernel hackers or geniuses, we need good developers who
  will do what they're told". Famous last words, the collection.