I have always use Red Hat and haven't had any problems with this
distribution until now. I have been playing a little with Red Hat 8.0
this week and noticed that it's quite slow when running X apps like
konsole, konquerer & emacs (on a Pentium 4 1.5Mhz).
Is it time to shop around for a different distrubution (or stay with
the older Red Hat distros).
Can somebody give me the low-down on the latest distributions -
like how each distribution scores in stability, speed, friendliness,
effectiveness, packages and so on.
I heard that in huji they have Debian clients installed.
Thank you,
Josh.