On Wednesday 08 October 2003 21:23, Shachar Shemesh wrote:
> >Anyhow long story short... http://openvpn.sourceforge.net/ and get the
> > BETA (if you need Windows support).
>
> As it is SSL - will it support UDP?

OpenVPN is UDP based. its uses SSL over UDP, and as such has the very nice
feature that you can unplug your computer from the net, and as soon as you
plug it back in it will have the VPN tunnel back online. downside - it can't
tell its disconnected, so you have to ping it all the time.

I'm using OpenVPN to create a tunnel from my workstation to my home computer
so I can get in the office network from home (because I couldn't get the RH
only linux SecureRemote client to work, and that's what my company uses), and
its running fine for almost a year now. it survived non-consistant upgrades
(upgrading on one side and not the other) and a lot of other troubles, and is
currently my recommended way of doing VPN over public networks.

--
Oded