On Sun, Nov 23, 2003 at 01:25:01PM +0200, Noam Rathaus wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if Debian.org was hacked, how far was I as a simple
> user doing routinely "apt-get update" followed by "apt-get upgrade"
> (oan the stable Debian) from getting my system Trojaned? Or as an
> advanced user doing the same on the unstable packages? >

The debian advisory was very explicit that the archive was never
compromised. I haven't heard any more details, but I'd love to hear
how the break in occured and what where there trust relationships
between the broken-into machines and the archive machines.

Cheers,
Muli
--
Muli Ben-Yehuda
http://www.mulix.org | http://mulix.livejournal.com/

"the nucleus of linux oscillates my world" - [EMAIL PROTECTED]