On Sun, Nov 23, 2003 at 02:36:46PM +0200, Shachar Shemesh wrote:

> Last - a correction for Muli. While the main distro site was not broken
> into, the "security" and "non-us" sites were. Apparently, non of the
> packages were tampered with, but the actual servers holding the packages
> were, in fact, broken into.

I said:

"The debian advisory was very explicit that the archive was never
compromised."

The advisory says:

"The archive is not affected by this compromise!"

"archive" in the sense of "the packages", not in the sense of the
archive machines.

Cheers,
Muli
--
Muli Ben-Yehuda
http://www.mulix.org | http://mulix.livejournal.com/

"the nucleus of linux oscillates my world" - [EMAIL PROTECTED]