On Mon, Nov 24, 2003 at 11:38:04AM +0200, Muli Ben-Yehuda wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 24, 2003 at 10:49:43AM +0200, Maxim Kovgan wrote:
> > On Sun, 23 Nov 2003, Noam Rathaus wrote:
> >
> > hi Noam!
> > it is great you've brought up the subject,
> > and if u find more info on what exactly was there,
> > please post it on here.

  Some preliminary conclusions are at

http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2003/debian-devel-announce-200311/msg00012.html
Do notice the disclaimer at the beginning of that message.
  Bottom line of that report, as I understand it:
1. A sniffed password was used to access an (unprivileged) account
   on one machine.
2. At the time of the posting, the writer believes there is as of yet an
   unknown local root exploit used to go from having local unprivileged
   access to having root. This exploit was used to gain access to other
   machines.
3. A flaw in the kernel code of the Suckit rootkit that was installed
   and the aide monitor tool exposed the intrusion.

--
"If you have an apple and I have  an apple and we  exchange apples then
you and I will still each have  one apple. But  if you have an idea and I