On Friday 19 December 2003 21:10, Muli Ben-Yehuda wrote:
> "A Microsoft networking division manager has been contacting LUGs
> (including LUGoD) regarding what appear to be focus groups concerning
> "where you'd like to see Microsoft in five years".  -6' comes to
> mind...."
>
> [read more below for details]
>
> This being a slow friday evening, this strikes me as an excellent time
> to ask y'all where would you like to see Linux (the kernel) and Linux
> (the OS) be in five years. Go wild...
>
> Cheers,
> Muli

1. Hope that the SCO mess will be over by then.

2. G++ compile speed for C++ code on par with GCC (those kde cvs compiles are
way too long).

3. freedesktop.org will be more dominant in DE/WMs development process.

4. Keith Packard work will be merged in the main xfree86 tree (and he'll be
back on team).

5. e17 will be released :-P

6. Standart compliance everywhere and across OSes (web browsers/sites, file
formats etc).

- --
Meir Kriheli
MKsoft systems