On Fri, 8 Jul 2005, Shlomo Solomon wrote:

3 - I did alot of experimenting (including connecting to different USB plug
both with and without a hub). For some reason, out of abot 20 experiments I
did in the past hour, most of the timed out on the Palm, but in 2 cases I got
a dta error message from pilot-xfer. And more interesting - In 2 cases,
pilot-xfer ACTUALLY WORKED. But I haven't been able to see any reason why on
those 2 tries pilot-xfer DID talk to the Palm.

In my experience - pilot-xfer rarely works, as you found out, but kpilot works always (when /dev/pilot is created). This is with kernel 2.6 (FC2,3,4). With kernel 2.4.23 which I used before installing Fedora, the TE worked flawlessly.

--
Matan Ziv-Av.                         [EMAIL PROTECTED]