Yes and no.

It will be as slow as any common harddrive for write operations, but it will be extremely fast for read operations. Now, what is your expected usage profile?

Ez.

Amos Shapira wrote:

On 21/02/07, *Ira Abramov* <[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:

    Quoting guy keren, from the post of Wed, 21 Feb:

    > what? what???? a mirror is as _slow_ as the _slower_ disk. an I/O
    > request to the mirror, gets a response only after its clones were
    > written into both legs of the mirror - not as soon as one was
    written.

    I once did some benchmarks for a client and showed that even a
    mirror of
    three disks (yes, every sector written 3 times) the write time penelty
was extremely small, however reading speed jumped practically in a

Yes but these were all practically identical disks - Guy's response was about my idea to mirror a RAM disk with a regular magnetic media disk, which would mean that that this volume will be as slow as the magnetic media, so loosing the advantage of investing in a RAM disk.

Cheers,

--Amos