Hi,

It's always "fun" to play with a distribution that on one side has the
latest tech, but on the other side, ditches you on the side after few
months (and only giving you choice to upgrade, or be left without
updates)

I'm using Fedora Core 6 on my main web server, and today I found out
that the security updates are no longer available for Fedora Core 6.
Worse: ATRPMS, FreshRPMS are no longer maintained for FC6 which means
that if I want the latest security stuff, I need to roll my own RPMS
or fix things manually..

So I decided I want to "upgrade" from FC6 to Centos 5. I was wondering
if anyone did it and if so, what method? what are the "gotchas" that I
need to be careful of, or is it simply better to keep my data out,
format the machine and install centos 5 from scratch? (Centos 5 does
not recognize Fedora stuff, so the "upgrade" option is not given).

Thanks,
Hetz
--
Skepticism is the lazy person's default position.
my blog (hebrew): http://benhamo.org