[...]
> I installed Centos 5 on my home server and I update it frequently.
> But Centos 5 is not for home use - its distribution does not have
> media programs (like LVM, I wanted it for media streaming). So for
> home/media use, may be Fedora (now 8) is better for your needs (few
> RPMs are available for Centos on ATRPMS, FreshRPMS does not support
> RHEL/Centos at all).

I agree that CentOS is usually not good for home. (I use it as home server,
but run debian-unstable VMs inside :) )
Still, many RPMs are available through the amazing DAG repository:
http://dag.wieers.com/rpm/packages/

Also there is the new EPEL project, but it's 'limping' a little..
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL

 - Oren