There are few things that you should check:
1. Did you enabled scsi support for the cdrom?
2. check ls -l /dev/sr0 /dev/scd0. I had once such a permission
problem which wouldn't allow me to burn.

This is how my

 ls -l /dev/cdrom /dev/hdc
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root      3 Mar  7 08:11 /dev/cdrom -> hdc
brw-rw---- 1 root cdrom 22, 0 Mar  7 08:11 /dev/hdc

looks.  In your case it should show something like
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root      3 Mar  7 08:11 /dev/scd0 ->sr0
brw-rw---- 1 root cdrom  22, 0 Mar  7 08:11 /dev/sr0

It looks like you need to have scsi support for the cdrom in the
kernel (/dev/sr0).