On Monday 17 March 2008, Amos Shapira wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 16, 2008 at 11:12 AM, Aharon Schkolnik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> wrote:
> > On Friday 14 March 2008, Amos Shapira wrote:
> > > udev? Have you fixed them manually? If so then maybe you should fix the
> > > udev rules to prevent the change next time.
> >
> > I don't think that  udev changes the permissions on /dev/sg0 or /dev/sg1,
> > do
> > you ?
>
> I'm not sure I understand what you mean.

I guess I don't really understand either.

In any event,  my burner is not a USB device, so I don't think udev would be
changing the permissions on it.

Anyone care to comment on that assumption ?

>From the udev-faq:

Q: Can I use udev to automount a USB device when I connect it?
A: Technically, yes, but udev is not intended for this. All major
distributions
   use HAL (http://freedesktop.org/wiki/Software_2fhal) for this, which also
   watches devices with removable media and integrates into the desktop
software.

So, it seems that HAL would be the one taking care of the removeable  media in
the burner.

--
  The day is short, and the work is great,    |  Aharon Schkolnik
  and the laborers are lazy, and the reward   |