I was having the same problem with HOT in Lehavim.
I came near 30% packet loss. Both a linux laptop and WinXP desktop had the same results. Still the bezeqin tech support guy insisted that the problem was with the OS and I had to format and re-install windows. After 30 minutes on line with him I started getting angry and he gave the call to a more capable TC guy, he managed to realize the problem was with the link and forwarded the problem to HOT who claimed everything was normal. I guess that he managed to convince them that it isn't so because after a few hours things came back to normal.

sara fink wrote:
Hello Everyone

I am having major problem with packet loss at some hot server that
sits in tel aviv. www.dnsstuff.com revealed this info.

I would like to know how many people suffer from this problem.

For this task mtr program is needed. The program can be downloaded at
http://www.bitwizard.nl/mtr/ .

The description of  the program is mtr  combines  the  functionality
of the traceroute and ping programs in a single network diagnostic
tool.

   As mtr starts, it investigates the network connection between the
host mtr runs on and HOSTNAME.  by sending  packets  with  purposly
low  TTLs.  It  continues to send packets with low TTL, noting the
response time of the intervening routers.  This allows mtr to print
the  response  percentage  and response  times of the internet route
to HOSTNAME.  A sudden increase in packetloss or response time
is often an indication of a bad (or simply overloaded) link.

After installing this program please run the command mtr google.com or
even mtr walla.co.il mtr ynet.co.il

I got in all 3 urls ~75% packet loss at ip 213.57.43.199 and at
213.57.43.22 (or 14) another ~20% packet loss.

Please inform me how many people suffer from this problem and who is
their isp. Mine is 012. but the ips mentioned belong to hot.

I already talked with a nice technician at hot and he promissed to
give me an answer. Meanwhile at 012 tried to help me and in the end he
told me it's a operating sytem problem. I just hate to hear such
stupid excuses. I tried bot with and without iptables and it's the
same. Instead of solving the problem they blame the OS. And all this
happens with router or without.

Besides that, the first IP is actually border gateway.

Thanks for your help