---- Original message ----

  Date: Sun, 06 Apr 2008 10:13:26 +0300
  From: Omer Zak <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  Subject: Re: Gnucash annual reports for Israel
  To: linux-il <linux-il@cs.huji.ac.il>

  >Geoff,
  >While I know that there are lots of complications
  and non-sense things
  >in the Israeli tax laws, I am afraid that your
  point of view makes

  Mendelson wrote:
  >> > 2. How to get the accounts notarized (or
  whatever) by a CPA?

  >> I don't think you would want to. In order for
  YOU to enter the data into
  >> an apporoved accounting program, you must be a
  level 3 (as in 1 is the
  >> lowest) certified bookkeeper.
  >
  >I have been using an accounting program running
  in MS-DOS (!), but now
  >(due to reasons into which I'll not go now) I am
  faced with either going
  >back to fully manual method or switching to a
  Linux based accounting
  >program.
  >
  >> If you use an alternate method of entering the
  data and keeping the books,
  >> or you are not certified, you can not legally
  submit the data to the tax
  >> authorities.
  >>
  >> However if you provide the data to your
  accountant and they enter the data
  >> or have a level 3 certified bookkeeper enter
  it, those reports may be
  >> submitted.
  >
  >My work flow has always been to provide the data
  to my CPA and have him
  >submit the reports. The fact that this work flow
  will stay the same is
  >what is simplifying the problem.
  >
  >> For best results and less cost, you can submit
  your data to them in a
  >> format they can import the data into their
  program. From what I understand
  >> all the approved programs can read .xls (Exel
  format) spreadsheets.

  >This can be part of the proposed
  GNUCash-for-Israel HOWTO - how to
  >prepare a .xls file so that its contents can be
  imported into all
  >accounting programs approved in Israel.
  >
  > --- Omer
  >
  >--
  >"Kosher" Cellphones (cellphones with blocked SMS,
  video and Internet)

http://www.zak.co.il/tddpirate/2006/04/21/the-grave-danger-to-the-deaf-from-kosher-cellphones/)
  >My own blog is at http://www.zak.co.il/tddpirate/
  >
  >My opinions, as expressed in this E-mail message,
  are mine alone.
  >They do not represent the official policy of any
  organization with which
  >I may be affiliated in any way.
  >WARNING TO SPAMMERS: at
  http://www.zak.co.il/spamwarning.html

  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I've also hit this.

My accountant insists on preparing reports from original docs
even though I supply an xls with the material.

It's not a Linux/GNUcash problem. It's a State of Israel
bureaucracy issue.