On Sun, Apr 06, 2008 at 03:24:15PM +0300, Shachar Shemesh wrote:

> Just for the record, to the best of my knowledge, this is not so. You
> only need to certify your program with the tax authorities if you intend
> to *sell* it. Otherwise, a piece of paper works just as well.

I'm not a laywer, but what I was told is that all business tax reports
must be submitted from an approved program, with the data entered by
a level 3 certified bookkeeper.

> Generating reports is just a question of technical availability of the
> feature. Whether you can submit them as is a different matter, of course.

If you provide the data for the program in what we used to call "machine
readable form", that's fine as long as someone who is legally permitted
to enter it into an approved program does so. They are then responsible
for the accuracy and completeness of the data.

Note that approved programs have mechanisms to prevent, or at least
make it much more difficult, "cooking" the books.

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson, Jerusalem, Israel [EMAIL PROTECTED]  N3OWJ/4X1GM