On Sun, Apr 6, 2008 at 3:45 PM, Geoffrey S. Mendelson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 06, 2008 at 03:24:15PM +0300, Shachar Shemesh wrote:
>
> > Just for the record, to the best of my knowledge, this is not so. You
> > only need to certify your program with the tax authorities if you intend
> > to *sell* it. Otherwise, a piece of paper works just as well.
>
> I'm not a laywer, but what I was told is that all business tax reports
> must be submitted from an approved program, with the data entered by
> a level 3 certified bookkeeper.

You do not need a certified level 3 bookkeeper. I have done it myself for
years, two years ago I handed it to my CPA since I did not have a software
to do it.
Since December 2007, Drorit is certified and thus I can use it.
You can use a piece of paper but also on pieces of paper there are some laws
you need to obey.
You can submit reports either on paper or from a ceritified software.
Today, a certified software must be able to output files in a predefined
format (open format, defined by tax authorities).
Therefore GNUCash will not be accepted as it can not output these files.

--
Ori Idan