Shlomi Fish wrote:
On Tuesday 05 August 2008, Shachar Shemesh wrote:
Shlomi Fish wrote:
Actually, in a further email, I eventually said that I agreed to do
anything you allowed me to do, and nothing more, as long as I can work on
it.
That's great to hear! Then lets move the content into the CMS so that
people other than you can work on it,

They already can using Subversion, etc.
Except nobody but you manages to, unlike the Joomla setting.
I have my own custom HTML generators for stuff like that which are superior to such CMSes that only give you a gigantic textarea to edit your HTML in.
Your definition of "whatever Shachar says" is definitely new and refreshing. I think we can stop this rehash right here. Obviously, you are still set on not changing anything, not matter what.
So I'd rather not switch from my own generators,
Yes, I know that. The problem is that everyone else would rather you switch, or you are locking out other contributers. Fact is, no one else touched the old sites, but we have had more than four people putting content on the new one. I would trade four for one any day, thank you.
Not to mention that the Joomla URLs are still very obscure and ugly:

* http://www.hamakor.org.il/content/view/32/43/
For someone who self testifies that he can learn from feedback, you have a lousy memory. I already pointed you to several modules that fix it, and you said you will. Needless to say, I'm still waiting.

Personally, I would start with the URL you gave Dotan.

Which URL? And see my other email.

Even when you put things on the right domain, you refuse to use the technology used there.

See? That's why I (and most other people I've been talking with) find you impossible to work with.
Are those the same people who deny it when you drag them, against their will, into the discussion? The same that, on different occasions, call to bitch to me about your strong headedness regarding these very issues? I think this is one criticism I can take.

Please put www.iglu.org.il somewhere meaningful on tux.hamakor.org.il and let me edit it.
Which is exactly why I don't do it. Because what you'll do is restore the old site, with all of its problems intact.

In other words, I'm not giving you control because I DON'T TRUST YOU.

As far as I'm concerned, this thread is over. The matter has been discussed to death. The only reason I replied now was because it seemed, for a second, that you may actually be willing to help out in a way productive for the rest of us. Sorry, false alarm. Nothing more to see here.
Regards,

        Shlomi Fish
Shachar