I would be very wary of any law, which interferes with operation of
businesses.  There can always be unforeseen consequences.  One possible
consequence comes to one's mind:

Embedded system which is always sold with an operating system and
applications which allow its safe operation.
Then one has to define the borderline between a PC to be covered and an
embedded system to be exempted.

I have a better suggestion:

Encourage (by getting people to demand it) providers to sell PCs with
Linux, in which a VM is installed and runs a MS-Windows XP image.

Such a configuration will benefit the Free Software world by making it
easy to bridge between MS-Windows XP and Linux (no more having to
dual-boot the PC).

                                           --- Omer

--
"Kosher" Cellphones (cellphones with blocked SMS, video and Internet)
are menace to the deaf.  They must be outlawed!

I may be affiliated in any way.