On Sat, 2008-12-06 at 14:31 +0200, sara fink wrote:

>         Encourage (by getting people to demand it) providers to sell
>         PCs with
>         Linux, in which a VM is installed and runs a MS-Windows XP
>         image.
>
> VM anyone can install. Asking VM installed with windows xp image will
> open the door to charge extra charge for the image of XP.  After all,
> if it's not registered image, after 30 days you can't use it anymore.
> You need to re- install the image.

So what?
1. The seller could sell, as part of the deal, a MS-Windows XP license.
2. Not everyone has the expertise to install, configure and optimize a
VM.  If the seller can profit from doing this in behalf of the buyer,
why not?

                                        --- Omer

--
In civilized societies, captions are as important in movies as
soundtracks, professional photography and expert editing.

I may be affiliated in any way.