Amos Shapira wrote:

2009/2/11 Ohad Levy <ohadl...@gmail.com>:
I've been using Asterisk for the last 4 years.

Never had a reason to move to Freeswitch. Asterisk rarely crash, (we have
more than 15M minutes)
Asterisk runs Codefidence IPBX for more then 5 years. Never seen a crash.

Asterisk runs the Tel Aviv branch of the Israeli Law bar Odphone system(Lishkat Orchey Ha Dim Mahuz TA) for more then an year now. The only two reported bugs were hardware (firmware update from Sangoma fixed that ) and our own software :-)

I and others can go on. Asterisk works. I donno about the other stuff (FreePBX etc.) but Asterisk is prodction level system *If you know what you are doing*. Being that you are an experienced Linux user that has no issue editing rc files or RTFM I believe you've already got 95% of the reasons why Asterisk installation fail covered. :-)

Gilad

--
Gilad Ben-Yossef Chief Coffee Drinker

Codefidence Ltd.
The code is free, your time isn't.(TM)

Web:    http://codefidence.com
Email:  gi...@codefidence.com
Office: +972-8-9316883 ext. 201
Fax:    +972-8-9316885
Mobile: +972-52-8260388

The Doctor: Don't worry, Reinette, just a nightmare. Everyone has nightmares. Even monsters from under the bed have nightmares, don't you, monster?
        Reinette: What do monsters have nightmares about?
The Doctor: Me!