2009/2/13 Tzafrir Cohen <tzaf...@cohens.org.il>:
> As I think I have mentioned before, I'm not sure how well it works under
> Xen.
>
> E.g. http://wiki.vpslink.com/Compiling_ztdummy_on_Xen has a considerable
> ammount of unneeded voodoo. The basic thing they do there is to use the
> internal timing intead of RTC. But do they actually have HZ set to 1000
> on that system? Odd settings for such a machine.

I saw somewhere that the Xen hosts provided by VPSLink already have
1000HTz clocks on them, saving a kernel recompilation.

> See also http://docs.tzafrir.org.il/#_kernel_configuration
>
> I would also recommend:
>
> 1. Debian :-) (As I package Asterisk for it)

I used Debian for over 10 years but now I got used to CentOS (simply
because it's so much easier to find hosts which support it for my work
needs).

> 2. Do consider Asterisk SVN trunk. At least if this is a home PBX.
> Specifically The extra timing source stuff might be of direct interest
> to you.

I don't know Asterisk at all so not sure I should try the latest and
greatest where I'll never know whether something is broken because I
did it wrong or because it's really broken.

Thanks.

--Amos

PS - My main quest now (apart from actually getting to call through my
new asterisk server) is to find a reasonably priced Israeli DID. So
far they all seem to be around $US9.95 and above.