2009/2/26 Tzafrir Cohen <tzaf...@cohens.org.il>

> On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 03:21:54PM +1100, Amos Shapira wrote:
>
> > Why do you think OpenVZ might be better? Does it have a known
> > advantage in Asterisk hosting?
>
> Because your provider may be able to provide you basically the same
> resources for less money. So if OpenVZ is good enough for you: fine.

You mean in case that the hosting provider provides the necessary
kernel modules in OpenVZ?
Is there any technical obstacle preventing an interested hosting
provider from offering the required modules in Xen guest kernels?
As for the cost - as far as I'm aware OpenVZ costs the same as Xen
hosting at VPSLink and my personal experience with openvz/virtuozo
hosting was that it's a bit limited near the edges.

> Oh, and as I mentioned non-dahdi (non-zaptel) timing for Asterisk, see
> the following for more information:
>
> http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-dev/2009-February/036659.html

Thanks.

But before I can worry about all this - I still have to get audio back
to my SIP clients at home, which I don't manage to do.

Cheers,

--Amos