DISCLAIMER:
1. I don't have access to AIX.
2. I didn't actually test my suggestions.

Alternatives:

1. Use fgets() if it is available for AIX, too.

2. According to man getline, getline() is a GNU extension, and is
available only when you #define _GNU_SOURCE.
So use:
#ifdef __GNUC__
  // use getline()
#else /* __GNUC__ */
  // use gets() or fgets()
#endif /* __GNUC__ */

3. Same as (2) but test __USE_POSIX instead of __GNUC__

--
"Kosher" Cellphones (cellphones with blocked SMS, video and Internet)
are menace to the deaf.  They must be outlawed!

I may be affiliated in any way.