IBM supply a set of GNU utilities, including GCC-related software (and GCC,
as well, if I recall correctly, but an old one) in an additional CD supplied
with AIX. This is called something around "Utilities for Linux" or some
other lie. So you do not need to force gcc to compile under AIX, but only
use it.
Same goes, probably, for many additional libraries.

P.S - they install in RPM format :-)

Ez