Hi,

The company I work at uses openvpn extensively. We settled on UDP-based
protocol as it is more effective than TCP based.

Inter-Israeli VPN connection works perfectly all of the time, whereas
international VPN has erratic behavior on at least one ISP. I suspect the
ISP (XFone 018) dropping UDP packets occasionally during peak hours for
following reasons:

   - ICMP ping to the internet-facing IP number of the VPN router works
   properly all of the time
   - over-VPN ping to some server has about 50% packet loss during peak hour
   (tested at 23:00)
   - on different ISP at the same time there was no packet loss
   - over-VPN ping on the same ISP worked perfectly in the morning hours

Have anyone else noticed the same behavior?
What is legal status of such network traffic policing?

--
Arie