On Jul 3, 2011, at 8:28 AM, Arie Skliarouk wrote:

I think that would not work as I observe frequent name server errors at exactly same periods (I am using Google's free DNS servers 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4). Hmm, need to switch to the local DNS servers...

UDP is UDP. Google needs to have DNS servers here in Israel too. :-)

I've been noticing the same thing, but have not changed to my ISP's DNS servers. For frequently used web sites, it should make access faster, but for random ones where the ISP's DNS server has to resolve them, it may make it slower. YMMV.

Geoff.
--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson,  N3OWJ/4X1GM
Making your enemy reliant on software you support is the best revenge.