I am currently running it fine with 1024x768@16.
Please send me the *whole* /var/log/XFree86.0.log
file. Send me u're XF86Config *as u have it now*. I'll
try to see what the problem is. And please tell me
which distro u're running, and if u have a XF86Config
at /etc, and another at /etc/X11...  and have u
installed XF4 from src, or bins?

Nikhil.
IGNULUG-HYD.