Hi,

> Internet hosts while connected (eg., www.yahoo.com, www.linux.org). The
> problem seems to be with only my localhost's sendmail.

        Are you "masqurading" in your sendmail? What does the DM macro in
sendmail.cf say (look for ^DM in sendmail.cf)?? This relates to mails that
you send locally, directly to sendmail's output queue (w/o going to smtp
port on localhost).
        For mails that you send to localhost/smtp port, how is your mail
client configured? In particular what is the "user domain" in pine (or
whatever the corrosponding config in your mail client) set to??
        And yes, can you nslookup del1.mantraonline.com while you are
online?
        I guess the mantraonline guys must have changed some DNS related
config on their side, which has resulted in broken sendmail on your side.
That is not a surprise, as I have seen several isp's with broken dns
setups, broken reverse lookups and so on.

        Regards,
        Kedar.