On Tue, Apr 04, 2000 at 11:11:35AM +0530, Kedar Patankar typed:
> Hi,
>
> > DS202.56.230.1, those mails are yet to reach their destinations! Any
> > thoughts anyone?
>
>       This doesn't work, I dunno why. I had this same problem with DS, I
> was hoping that anything you give after the DS would be looked up using
> gethostbyname, which returns the IP address as a 32 bit quantity,
> irrespective of whether the input string is a domain name or IP address.
>       So you have to give the symbolic name to DS. Would any sendmail
> gurus care to throw more light on this DS thing? I haven't had time to get
> into sendmail code and figure out what's happening.

The correct usage is DS[202.56.230.1]

Sendmail accepts numeric IP address only if they're enclosed within square
brackets. Found this info in some obscure corner in the sendmail documentation
while I was investigating the same problem a long time ago.

Kala